Rescuers Friday found three people from the rubble of a rain-triggered landslide in east China's Zhejiang Province where at least four others were still buried.
The heavy rains that began pounding southern China regions on Sunday has left 46 dead, 50 missing and millions of local residents affected, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said Thursday morning.
The heavy rains that began pounding southern China regions Sunday had as of 10:00 a.m. Thursday left 46 dead, 50 missing and millions of local residents affected, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said.
Rainstorms that began pelting south China since Sunday have left at least 42 people dead and 36 missing so far, the country's disaster relief authority said Wednesday.
China's National Meteorological Center (NMC) forecast Wednesday heavy rains will continue to fall in China's already flooded southern provinces on Thursday.
42 dead, 36 missing in 4 days
Heavy rainstorms will continue to batter China's flood-hit southern provinces over the next three days, meteorological authorities predicted on Tuesday.
Residents seek for available living good among the ruins of the houses destroyed by the flooding in Nanping, Fujian Province, June 15, 2010.
Floods have caused havoc in 21 provinces in China this year, resulting in 24 billion yuan ($3.5 billion) of direct economic losses as of Friday, the Office of State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters said Saturday.
The death toll from landslides and flooding in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region has climbed to 53 with the recovery of the bodies of all those missing.
According to the Guangxi civil authorities, the rains, floods and landslides have affected a total of 3.06 million people in 42 cites and counties in the province, forcing more than 200,000 people to evacuate.
Landslides, floods leave 150,000 homeless as govt swings into action
The death toll from rain-triggered disasters in the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region has climbed to 51 as of Thursday evening, chinanews.com.cn reported Friday.