Man throws firecrackers over White House fence
Updated: 2013-09-17 11:41
(Agencies)
|
||||||||
WASHINGTON - A man threw firecrackers over the White House's north fence line on Monday, just hours after a deadly shooting rampage in the US capital in which 13 people died, the US Secret Service said.
Uniformed agents sealed off the area in front of the presidential mansion and ordered journalists in the driveway in front of the West Wing to move inside the building.
With the capital on high alert after the earlier shootings, reaction to the firecrackers was immediate, with some people tweeting that shots had been heard.
"There have not been shots outside the White House," said Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan.
Video footage of the incident showed agents apprehending a man dressed in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt before leading him away.
The man had been arrested and was being processed, a second spokesman for the Secret Service said.
Thirteen dead in US Navy Yard shooting
Exporters to face more trade friction
Toddler-death defendant says he meant no harm
Watchdog bites with no favor
Miss New York crowned 2014 Miss America
Summers withdraws from Fed chair contest
Scientists make land arable again
Stranded cruise guests flown home
Most Viewed
Editor's Picks
![]()
|
![]()
|
![]()
|
![]()
|
![]()
|
![]()
|
Today's Top News
BRICS pledge cooperation on climate change
CBRC set to regulate 'chaotic' WMPs
Exporters to face more trade friction
Thirteen dead in US Navy Yard shooting
Minimum growth rate set at 7 percent
China urges the Philippines to stop provocations
Trending news across China
College asks freshmen to sign suicide disclaimer
US Weekly
![]()
|
![]()
|