Home>News Center>Photo Gallery>China

Children of migrant workers receive education in Guiyang
Updated: 2005-09-15 20:45

Chinese children look at the blackboard and read after their teacher in a school in the suburb of Guiyang, capital of southwest China's Guizhou province, September 15, 2005. There are 71 students in this school set up by three local teachers for migrant workers' children whose families make a living by collecting garbage in Guiyang. Among school-age children in China, 99.1 percent are reportedly attending school nowadays. The remaining 0.9 percent, however, translates into around 1 million children, media reports said. [newsphoto]